- 1 Which Indian food is good for diabetes?
- 2 What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
- 3 Which dal is not good for diabetes?
- 4 What is the best food to control diabetes?
- 5 Is chapati good for diabetic?
- 6 Is Egg good for diabetes?
- 7 Which fruit is best for diabetes?
- 8 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 9 Can I eat idli in diabetes?
- 10 Is ghee good for diabetes?
- 11 Is rice good for diabetes?
- 12 Which vegetable is good for diabetes?
- 13 What food lowers blood sugar immediately?
- 14 How can I control diabetes immediately?
- 15 What is a good diabetic menu?
Which Indian food is good for diabetes?
Best Foods for Elderly Diabetes Patients in India
- Brown Rice. If you really love rice, try having brown rice instead of white and reap its many health benefits.
- Whole Grains.
- High Fibre Vegetables.
- Pulses and Legumes.
- Lean Meat.
- Fresh Fruits.
What Indian food should diabetics avoid?
Foods which are red flags and should be avoided by diabetic patients:
- Sugar or sugar-mixed variants: Refined sugar. Aerated, carbonated drinks loaded with sugar. Sweetened high-fat yoghurt.
- High calorific content: Deeply fried foods. White bread and White rice. Refined flour (Maida)
- Contains excessive preservatives:
Which dal is not good for diabetes?
Green gram dal or moong dal too causes a slow release of carbohydrates which prevents high blood sugar levels and insulin spike. Moong dal also helps to maintain weight and is known to be beneficial during pregnancy in the development of the fetus.
What is the best food to control diabetes?
The 10 Best Foods to Control Diabetes and Lower Blood Sugar
- Non-Starchy Vegetables. Non-starchy vegetables are one of the best foods you can eat as a diabetic.
- Leafy Greens.
- Fatty Fish.
- Nuts and Eggs.
- Natural Fats.
- Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Cinnamon and Turmeric.
Is chapati good for diabetic?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Is Egg good for diabetes?
Eggs are a versatile food and a great source of protein. The American Diabetes Association considers eggs an excellent choice for people with diabetes. That’s primarily because one large egg contains about half a gram of carbohydrates, so it’s thought that they aren’t going to raise your blood sugar.
Which fruit is best for diabetes?
Healthiest Fruits for People With Diabetes
- Blackberries. One cup of raw berries has 62 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 7.6 grams of fiber.
- Strawberries. One cup of whole strawberries has 46 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Can I eat idli in diabetes?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
Is ghee good for diabetes?
According to Macrobiotic Nutritionist and Health Coach Shilpa Arora, ghee is medicine for diabetes. The fatty acids in homemade ghee help in metabolising and balancing high blood sugar. Adding a teaspoonful of ghee wouldn’t harm anyone.
Is rice good for diabetes?
Rice is rich in carbohydrates and can have a high GI score. If you have diabetes, you may think that you need to skip it at dinner, but this isn’t always the case. You can still eat rice if you have diabetes. You should avoid eating it in large portions or too frequently, though.
Which vegetable is good for diabetes?
Broccoli, spinach, and cabbage are three diabetes-friendly veggies because they are low in starch.
- Filling up with vegetables is a great way to keep your blood sugar levels in check.
- Prioritizing blood sugar and weight management is important for people with diabetes at all times.
What food lowers blood sugar immediately?
The 17 Best Foods to Lower (or Regulate) Your Blood Sugar
- Broccoli and broccoli sprouts. Sulforaphane is a type of isothiocyanate that has blood-sugar-reducing properties.
- Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- Nuts and nut butter.
- Flax seeds.
- Beans and lentils.
- Kimchi and sauerkraut.
How can I control diabetes immediately?
This article looks at 12 simple things you can do to prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Go low-carb. Carbohydrates (carbs) are what cause blood sugar to rise.
- Eat fewer refined carbs.
- Reduce your sugar intake.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Exercise more.
- Eat more fiber.
- Drink more water.
- Introduce some vinegar into your diet.
Top Diabetes-Friendly Foods to Eat
- Nonstarchy vegetables, such as broccoli and high-fiber fruit like apples.
- Lean sources of protein, such as boneless, skinless chicken, turkey, and fatty fish, like salmon.
- Healthy fats, such as nuts, nut butter, and avocado (in moderation)
- Whole grains, like quinoa and barley.