- 1 What Indian foods can diabetics eat freely?
- 2 Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
- 3 Can you eat curries with diabetes?
- 4 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 5 Which fruit is best for diabetes?
- 6 Is chapati good for diabetes?
- 7 Is POHA good for diabetes?
- 8 What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
- 9 Can I eat pizza with diabetes?
- 10 What Chinese food is best for diabetics?
- 11 Are curries high in sugar?
- 12 Which vegetables should diabetics avoid?
- 13 Is Egg good for diabetes?
- 14 Is coffee OK for diabetics?
What Indian foods can diabetics eat freely?
Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free. Fruits high in fiber such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed.
Which South Indian food is good for diabetes?
Diabetes friendly lunch options
- Brown rice, diabetes rice, quinoa, broken millets.
- Kootu with water based vegetables.
- Porials with vegetables like carrot, beans, cabbage etc.
- Greens blended with dhal or plain.
- Sambhar with non tuber vegetables.
Can you eat curries with diabetes?
Now, a small study conducted in Thailand suggests that an ingredient found in curry dishes may reduce the risk of developing the chronic disease. A new study suggests curcumin may lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes in people who are pre-diabetic, a condition that precedes full-blown diabetes.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Which fruit is best for diabetes?
Healthiest Fruits for People With Diabetes
- Blackberries. One cup of raw berries has 62 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 7.6 grams of fiber.
- Strawberries. One cup of whole strawberries has 46 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.
Is chapati good for diabetes?
For people who manage their diabetes & diet plan, eating whole wheat chapati is a better alternative. White rice has a higher glycemic index than chapati, which means, it increases blood sugar more rapidly. Thus chapati is always a preferred option for diabetic individuals.
Is POHA good for diabetes?
Is Poha Good for Diabetes? Yes. Poha is rich in fiber and helps regulate your blood sugar levels without causing any sudden spikes.
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes? You can choose various Indian diets with low GI to eat with type 2 diabetes, and it can include food items like bitter gourd, quinoa, brown rice, turmeric, multigrain chapati, kidney beans, lentils, soy, whole wheat, oats, and more.
Can I eat pizza with diabetes?
Pizza may actually be a good choice for people with type 2 diabetes; just be sure to order the thin-crust type and top it with vegetables rather than high-fat meats and extra cheese. It’s also a good idea to watch portion sizes.
What Chinese food is best for diabetics?
Chinese: Steamed Chicken and Broccoli “When ordering Chinese, focus on dishes packed full of lean proteins and vegetables with limited rice and noodles,” advises Palinski-Wade, who suggests ordering steamed chicken and broccoli with the sauce on the side.
Are curries high in sugar?
A single portion of takeaway curry can contain over 1,000 calories and a huge amount of saturated fat, salt and sugar. You’d need to cycle for about three hours to burn it off. The best way to enjoy your favourite dishes is to ditch the takeaway and make your own.
Which vegetables should diabetics avoid?
- Canned vegetables with lots of added sodium.
- Veggies cooked with lots of added butter, cheese, or sauce.
- Pickles, if you need to limit sodium. Otherwise, pickles are OK.
- Sauerkraut, for the same reason as pickles. Limit them if you have high blood pressure.
Is Egg good for diabetes?
Eggs are a versatile food and a great source of protein. The American Diabetes Association considers eggs an excellent choice for people with diabetes. That’s primarily because one large egg contains about half a gram of carbohydrates, so it’s thought that they aren’t going to raise your blood sugar.
Is coffee OK for diabetics?
Is coffee safe if I have diabetes? Although the evidence on coffee benefits is mixed, as long as you keep an eye on your blood sugar and stick to coffee with less sugar, drinking coffee should be safe.