- 1 What Indian food should diabetics eat?
- 2 Are curries OK for diabetics?
- 3 What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
- 4 Which Dal should diabetics avoid?
- 5 Which fruit is best for diabetes?
- 6 Is banana good for diabetes?
- 7 Is chicken curry bad for diabetics?
- 8 Is chicken curry OK for diabetics?
- 9 Is onion harmful for diabetes?
- 10 What is a good breakfast lunch and dinner for a diabetic?
- 11 What is a good diabetic menu?
- 12 How many chapatis should a diabetic eat?
- 13 Is idli OK for Diabetes?
- 14 Is POHA OK for diabetics?
- 15 Is toor dal bad for diabetics?
What Indian food should diabetics eat?
Best Foods for Elderly Diabetes Patients in India
- Brown Rice. If you really love rice, try having brown rice instead of white and reap its many health benefits.
- Whole Grains.
- High Fibre Vegetables.
- Pulses and Legumes.
- Lean Meat.
- Fresh Fruits.
Are curries OK for diabetics?
Loaded with antioxidants like beta-carotene and vitamin C, curry leaves have the ability to keep most diseases at bay, especially type-2 diabetes and heart diseases. So, what is it that makes curry leaf an excellent herbal remedy for managing diabetes and how to use it to stabilise blood sugar levels.
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes?
What Indian food can I eat with type 2 diabetes? You can choose various Indian diets with low GI to eat with type 2 diabetes, and it can include food items like bitter gourd, quinoa, brown rice, turmeric, multigrain chapati, kidney beans, lentils, soy, whole wheat, oats, and more.
Which Dal should diabetics avoid?
Green gram dal or moong dal too causes a slow release of carbohydrates which prevents high blood sugar levels and insulin spike. Moong dal also helps to maintain weight and is known to be beneficial during pregnancy in the development of the fetus.
Which fruit is best for diabetes?
Healthiest Fruits for People With Diabetes
- Blackberries. One cup of raw berries has 62 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 7.6 grams of fiber.
- Strawberries. One cup of whole strawberries has 46 calories, 11 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.
Is banana good for diabetes?
Bananas are a safe and nutritious fruit for people with diabetes to eat in moderation as part of a balanced, individualized diet plan. A person with diabetes should include fresh, plant food options in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables. Bananas provide plenty of nutrition without adding many calories.
Is chicken curry bad for diabetics?
Now, a small study conducted in Thailand suggests that an ingredient found in curry dishes may reduce the risk of developing the chronic disease. A new study suggests curcumin may lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes in people who are pre-diabetic, a condition that precedes full-blown diabetes.
Is chicken curry OK for diabetics?
A simple chicken curry recipe from my anti-inflammatory diet cookbook with a combination of curry, coconut milk and tomato packs tremendous flavor into this sensational chicken dish makes this food good for diabetics. Serve over rice.
Is onion harmful for diabetes?
Eating onions may help control blood sugar, which is especially significant for people with diabetes or prediabetes. A study in 42 people with type 2 diabetes demonstrated that eating 3.5 ounces (100 grams) of fresh red onion reduced fasting blood sugar levels by about 40 mg/dl after four hours ( 23 ).
What is a good breakfast lunch and dinner for a diabetic?
With portion size in mind, a person with diabetes can include:
- canned tuna, salmon or sardines.
- low-salt deli meats, such as turkey and chicken.
- hard-boiled eggs.
- salads with a side dressing.
- low-salt soups and chili.
- whole fruit, such as apples and berries.
- cottage cheese.
- plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt.
Top Diabetes-Friendly Foods to Eat
- Nonstarchy vegetables, such as broccoli and high-fiber fruit like apples.
- Lean sources of protein, such as boneless, skinless chicken, turkey, and fatty fish, like salmon.
- Healthy fats, such as nuts, nut butter, and avocado (in moderation)
- Whole grains, like quinoa and barley.
How many chapatis should a diabetic eat?
About 15-16 chapatis would account for your entire day’s carb intake. But never forget, many other things that you consume are carbs too, such as sugar, milk and soda.
Is idli OK for Diabetes?
One of the main reasons for uncontrolled diabetes is consuming excess carbohydrate in the diet. For those who take carbs three times a day in the form of idlis, dosa and rice, there seems to be a big surge of blood sugar levels after the meals.
Is POHA OK for diabetics?
Poha is a wholesome meal and good for people with diabetes, skin problems, heart diseases etc.
Is toor dal bad for diabetics?
Manages Diabetes Low on the glycaemic index (GI) and high in dietary fibre, toor dal makes it an excellent addition in daily diet. Food low in GI delays the gastric emptying time and averts the blood sugar spikes.