- 1 What is the Indian spice that smells like body odor?
- 2 What does it mean when something smells like BO?
- 3 How do you stop Indian food from smelling?
- 4 Does curry cause body odor?
- 5 Why is curry so smelly?
- 6 Why does my BO smell like onions?
- 7 Why do I smell urine when there is none?
- 8 Why does my armpit smell even after shower?
- 9 How do you neutralize the smell of curry?
- 10 How do you get rid of Indian cooking smell in house?
- 11 What are the 7 Indian spices?
- 12 What foods cause smelly armpits?
- 13 How do I permanently get rid of underarm odor?
- 14 Why does curry make you fart?
What is the Indian spice that smells like body odor?
4. Curry and Cumin. The smells of spices such as curry and cumin can turn a bland meal into a savory dish, but it can also wreak havoc on your body’s natural odor, remaining in your pores for days.
What does it mean when something smells like BO?
Everyone has a unique body odor (BO), which can be pleasant or subtle, but when we think of BO, we usually think of an unpleasant smell. Changes to body odor may be due to puberty, excessive sweating, or poor hygiene. Sudden changes are typically caused by the environment, medications, or foods that you eat.
How do you stop Indian food from smelling?
Wipe down kitchen surfaces and cooking utensils with an odor-neutralizing solution after cooking with curry. Fill a bucket with equal parts water and vinegar. Use this mixture on your kitchen table, counters, stove range hood, cupboard doors and any other surface in your kitchen.
Does curry cause body odor?
When your body breaks down garlic, onions and herbs and spices like curry and cumin, sulfur-like compounds are produced. These compounds are pretty evident on your breath. They can also react with sweat on your skin to produce body odor. The odor will appear within a few hours.
Why is curry so smelly?
Indian food, of course, uses many aromatic spices – Jaffrey suggests that some, like methi and hing, are particularly responsible for lingering smells. The tarka process, which is central to so much Indian cooking, specifically involves frying spices to release aromas.
Why does my BO smell like onions?
It turns out that when this sulfur compound is mixed with bacteria under the arm, it creates a chemical called thiol — and this chemical is known for smelling like onions. Men on the other hand, had increased levels of an odorless fatty acid, which gives off a cheesy smell once it mixes with the armpit bacteria.
Why do I smell urine when there is none?
Trimethylaminuria is a disorder in which the body is unable to break down trimethylamine, a chemical compound that has a pungent odor. Trimethylamine has been described as smelling like rotting fish, rotting eggs, garbage, or urine.
Why does my armpit smell even after shower?
The odor can be caused by poor hygiene or not using the right products. Or there may be an underlying medical condition that needs to be treated. Using an over-the-counter (OTC) antiperspirant or deodorant (or a combination antiperspirant-deodorant) daily, after your shower, can help remedy armpit odor.
How do you neutralize the smell of curry?
Leave 1/2 cup of white vinegar in a bowl in the kitchen when cooking curry. The vinegar help neutralize the odor.
How do you get rid of Indian cooking smell in house?
Wash all the surfaces with Vinegar/water solution (One cup of water, Two Tablespoons of white vinegar). Spray the walls to a damp and pay particular attention to the kitchen area. Make sure to get around range (stove) and any area where curry oil vapors could hide. Keep the windows open to let the house air-dry.
What are the 7 Indian spices?
Spices are being used as staple dietary additives since long time in India. The study explores the seven spices that include cumin, clove, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, fenugreek, and cardamom on the basis of culinary uses as well as medical uses.
What foods cause smelly armpits?
Foods that tend to make you sweat more, like hot peppers or other spicy foods, can cause body odor. Processed foods, a high amount of red meat, excess alcohol or caffeine, and foods cooked with garlic and onion can make your body increase the stink factor.
How do I permanently get rid of underarm odor?
Home remedies to get rid of smelly armpits
- Use rocksalt. Put some rock salt in a bucket full of lukewarm water.
- Spray apple cider vinegar. Take 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and mix it with 1/2 a half of cup of water.
- Use potato.
- Apply baking soda with lemon.
- Use tomato juice.
Why does curry make you fart?
Spices can also contribute to the bouquet of your gas so a curry of any type may be a valid reason to avoid those shared confined spaces. But it’s the fibre in foods that’s the biggest trigger for farting and yes, if you increase your fibre intake, you will produce more gas.