- 1 What should I eat if my throat hurts?
- 2 Does curd cause sore throat?
- 3 What is the fastest way to cure a sore throat in India?
- 4 Which fruit is good for sore throat?
- 5 What is the fastest way to cure a sore throat?
- 6 How should I sleep with a sore throat?
- 7 What breakfast is good for sore throat?
- 8 Does lemon cause sore throat?
- 9 What is the best medicine for tonsillitis?
- 10 Is ghee bad for sore throat?
- 11 What drink is good for sore throat in India?
- 12 Is cold water good for sore throat?
What should I eat if my throat hurts?
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of water, and then gargle it in the back of your throat.
- Sip warm liquids, such as warm water or tea mixed with honey, to relieve swelling and pain in the throat.
Does curd cause sore throat?
This can be easily done by having seasonal foods and tweaking some of your eating habits. Our summer favourite curd is hard to give up as winters set in. It is commonly believed that curd should be avoided during winters as it can lead to cold and sore throat.
What is the fastest way to cure a sore throat in India?
6 At-Home Remedies to Ease Your Sore Throat
- Salt Water. While salt water may not provide you with immediate relief, it is still an effective remedy for killing bacteria while loosening mucus and easing pain.
- Hot Sauce.
Which fruit is good for sore throat?
The Best Food And Drink For A Sore Throat
- Bananas – A soft fruit that will be easy on the throat and is healthy and filling too.
- Pomegranate Juice – Studies suggest pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation and fight off infection.
- Frozen Fruit – Fruit sherbets and popsicles can soothe the inflammation.
What is the fastest way to cure a sore throat?
16 Best Sore Throat Remedies to Make You Feel Better Fast, According to Doctors
- Gargle with salt water—but steer clear of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink extra-cold liquids.
- Suck on an ice pop.
- Fight dry air with a humidifier.
- Skip acidic foods.
- Swallow antacids.
- Sip herbal teas.
- Coat and soothe your throat with honey.
How should I sleep with a sore throat?
How to help a sore throat at night
- Have a steam inhalation before you go to bed.
- Sip water and avoid hot drinks.
- Try medicated remedies.
- Turn off your phone before you tuck in.
- Organise your bedside table and be prepared.
- Stick to your bedtime routine.
- Raise the top of your mattress to an incline.
What breakfast is good for sore throat?
Some foods you may want to eat are:
- warm, cooked pasta, including macaroni and cheese.
- warm oatmeal, cooked cereal, or grits.
- gelatin desserts.
- plain yogurts or yogurts with pureed fruits.
- cooked vegetables.
- fruit or vegetable smoothies.
- mashed potatoes.
- broth and cream-based soups.
Does lemon cause sore throat?
Foods and drinks to avoid Citrus fruits and juices: Many people turn to orange juice when they have a cold as a source of vitamin C. However, citrus juices can make sore throats feel worse due to their acidity. This means they can irritate the already tender surface of the throat.
What is the best medicine for tonsillitis?
Penicillin taken by mouth for 10 days is the most common antibiotic treatment prescribed for tonsillitis caused by group A streptococcus. If your child is allergic to penicillin, your doctor will prescribe an alternative antibiotic.
Is ghee bad for sore throat?
Another remedy that can fix sore throat is by mixing 1 teaspoon ghee with 1 teaspoon honey and ½ teaspoon ginger juice with a pinch of black pepper and a dash of salt. Mix these ingredients in lukewarm water and consume this once in a day, this helps in healing sore throat in just a few days.
What drink is good for sore throat in India?
Warm liquids: Teas such as cinnamon tea, ginger tulsi tea, lemon honey tea or simply a cup of desi masala chai can do wonders for your throat. As the throat is choked due to infection, warm liquids can help relax this area.
Is cold water good for sore throat?
When you are sick with a sore throat, staying hydrated can help ease congestion, thin mucus secretions, and keep the throat moist. Moreover, if your sore throat is accompanied by a fever, you may become dehydrated so you need to replenish lost fluids. Cold ice water can help soothe the throat, as can hot beverages.